I hope you all had a wonderful holiday :) I sure did! My husband was home for 2 weeks. It was fantastic! We spent a lot of time with family and friends, and just together. It was perfect.
Do you all have your plans for 2012 set out? I do! I have a lot of goals this year that I hope to reach. I made myself a dream board and I'm very motivated to make everything on it come true! My horsey goals basically include having LJ complete at least one 50 mile endurance ride by the end of the year (and do his first LDR this spring!), and I am really aiming for a year of 100% completions with Player and doing only 50 milers with him. We were SO close last year, until I RO'd out of the last ride.
We've been having a very mild winter this year, and I will admit I LOVE it. It makes me want to move south. We still have snow but far less than usual and our temperatures have been so warm. I usually put Player back into endurance conditioning in February but with the great weather we've been having I am going to start both boys into conditioning next week. The roads are bare right now so I'm not worried about needing corks on them, which is a first for winter time for me. That being said, we still have 3 months of winter left so I better not crow about the warm weather too much. Next week could hit -40 and have 2 ft of snow roll in. Luckily my dad is a farrier, so if that should happen I can get corks and snow ball pads on the boys pretty quick ;)
I've decided this year to log how many miles I put on each horse, training and endurance. Just for fun, just to see. I will share it here!
I think this blog may be moving to WordPress by the end of the month. I am re-vamping my business website there and am going to include the blog with it. So stay tuned for that! 2012 is going to be a very exciting year horse and business wise!
Great post JW! I can't wait for your new website and blog. I haven't made a dream board in a while...good idea! We both have big plans for 2012. Exciting!!
ReplyDelete