Well, remember in my last post how I was thinking about starting the boys into conditioning this week on Monday? Well, plans changed! I had a friend contact me with an emergency situation she needed help with. Her mom's horse was in bad shape, he coliced the day before and now was so stiff he could hardly walk. He was in bad shape. The vet ruled out any major injuries and suggested that he may have slipped and fell on the ice, and that it was a soft tissue issue. They live in a remote mountian town with no massage therapists near them. I decided to head out Monday morning for the 5 hour drive to help him. I stayed overnight and worked on him Tuesday as well, and then headed home as I had to work my "real" (aka not so exciting) job on Wednesday. So my boys conditioning plans were put on the back burner, and I was happy to do so :)
As I said earlier, a new website and blog are in works for me. I am VERY excited about it! On Sunday I had an appointment with a couple other clients whose owner is a photographer. She was kind enough to do a "massage photoshoot" for me for my website. Here's a little preview of me working on Pablo!
Our winter weather seems to be back...temperature wise anyways. It was +10 C there while I was massaging Pablo (crazy for January up here!), and today our high was -8 C. Next week is calling for highs of -21 C. The joys of living in Alberta!
So now I am shooting for the 23rd or the 30th for the boys to go back into conditioning. I have to finish making that rump rug first if it's going to be cold!!
A worthwhile trip! And the photos turned out great =)
ReplyDelete